Cannot set default Schema location in 9.0 for Eclipse

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
fwein

Cannot set default Schema location in 9.0 for Eclipse

Post by fwein »

Hi,

I cannot set default Schema location in 9.0 for Eclipse. It works fine for 8.2 (which is unfortunately not for download any more :( ).

The error message of 9.0 suggests the same location as in 8.2. I did quite some search
but couldn't find it.

I have up to date Eclipse and CDT.
sorin_ristache

Re: Cannot set default Schema location in 9.0 for Eclipse

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Version 8.2 can be downloaded from the Software Archive page.

In oXygen 9.0 the default schema is specified in a rule which must match your XML document and which is one of the settings of a Document Type. A Document Type contains parameters necessary for the Author mode of the XML editor (WISYWYG XML editor). If your document is of a predefined type the rule of that predefined document type should match the document otherwise you have to create a document type.

The preferences panel Default Schema Association was replaced with the Document Type Association one.
fwein wrote:The error message of 9.0 suggests the same location as in 8.2.
Do you mean that you get an error message about a schema from a location defined in Default Schema Association in oXygen plugin 8.2? I think this can happen only if the XML document contains a reference to that location. The default schema associations of version 8.2 are not used anymore. They were replaced with document types.

Regards,
Sorin