Unable to access license-servlet URL to activate license server

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
wkitson

Unable to access license-servlet URL to activate license server

Post by wkitson »

After running the license server installation should be able to open the URL (http://localhost:8080/oXygenLicenseServ ... se-servlet) I am given in an address bar to activate the license server by entering my license-server key. However, I am getting the error message when entering the URL:
"You are not authorized to view this page
The oXygen License Server has two levels of security:
admin accounts have the highest security clearance, having access to all the administrative tasks, like configuring the license server's license.
user accounts are used only by the oXygen application to configure the license using this HTTP/HTTPS server.
These credentials can be configured in the passwords.properties file in the oXygen License Server installation directory."

Re: Unable to access license-servlet URL to activate license server

Post by mihai_coanda »

Hello,

The LS server has two types of users, as stated in the message.
One possible cause for the issue you are experiencing might be that the browser cached the credentials of a previous login using a "user account" which does not have access to that functionality.
To circumvent this issue you can access that URL in an incognito browser tab or another browser and log in using admin user credentials.

Best Regards,
Michael
Michael

https://www.oxygenxml.com
wkitson

Post by wkitson »

Both using an inPrivate (Edge's incognito) window and trying to follow the link in a new tab resulted in the same message. I don't think the browser caching the credentials of a previous login could be the case anyway because there hasn't been a previous login. The license server has been installed but not yet activated with the license key. After installing the license server, am I correct in my assumption that opening this link in a browser is the correct next step to activate the server?
mihai_coanda

Post by mihai_coanda »

Hello,
The LS uses basic authentication and some companies disable this type of authentication at the OS level and this setting is picked up by some browsers, especially Edge.
You can try contacting your system administrators about this setting to allow you to use basic authentication in the OS's "Supported authentications schemes".
You could also try using Firefox which in the past did not take this OS-level setting into consideration and it should work.

Michael
Michael

https://www.oxygenxml.com