Editor Annotation

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
abbru

Editor Annotation

Post by abbru »

Hello all
When I enter Tibetan text ( སློབ་དཔོན་ཆེན་པོ་དབྱིག་གཉེན་གྱི་སྐུ་ཚེའི་སྨད་ཙམ་གྱི་དུས་ན།
རྒྱལ་པོ་ཟབ་མོའི་ཕྱོགས་འདས་པའི་འོག་ཏུ་ནུབ་<lb/>ཕྱོགས་མ་རུའི་ཡུལ་དུ་སྐྱེས་པ་རྒྱལ་བོ་ཤྲཱི་ཧརྴ་ཞེས་བྱ་བ་ལས་
ཀྱི་སྟོབས་ ཤིན་ཏུ་ཆེ་བ་བྱུང་སྟེ་ནུབ་ཕྱོགས་ ཀྱི་རྒྱལ་ཁམས་ཐམས་ཅད་ལ་དབང་བསྒྱུར།
ཕྱིས་སངས་རྒྱས་ཀྱི་བསྟན་པ་ལ་དད་པ་ཐོབ་སྟེ་
སློབ་དཔོན་ཡོན་<lb/>ཏན་འོད་བླ་མར་བཀུར་བ་ཞིག་བྱུང།
དུས་དེ་ཙམ་ན་ཤར་ཕྱོགས་སུ་རྒྱལ་བོ་བྲྀཀྵ་ཙནྡྲའི་བུ་བརྒྱུད་ལ་རྒྱལ་པོ་བི་ག་མ་ཙནྡྲ་དང།
དེའི་བུ་ཀཱ་མ་ཙནྡྲ་གཉིས་ཀྱིས་རྒྱལ་སྲིད་སྐྱོང་བའི་དུས་ཏེ། རྒྱལ་པོ་དེ་གཉིས་<lb/>) in Oxygen and then want to move the cursor to a certain syllable, the cursor jumps from the first letter to the last letter. It is therefore not possible to annotate a specific term in this line. Sometimes you can see it, it works
In the options, under Appearance Fonts, I have set Author Font to Microsoft Himalaya 20pt and under Scheme Font also to Microsoft Himalaya 20 pt.

My operating system is Windows 11
Best regards
Albert
adrian

Re: Editor Annotation

Post by adrian »

Hello,

From your other report this is on Oxygen v25.0.
Please check in Options > Preferences, Editor > Open, if "Support for special characters" is enabled or at least "Prompt for each document" is selected.
If in doubt about the options, press the "Restore defaults" button on the option page.

Note that if the document is too large for Oxygen to handle (by default >300K) in this mode, this support gets disabled anyway. Maybe try to set the limit to 500k, or 800k, but do not clear that box. If the document is too large and this mode doesn't get disabled, Oxygen will hang.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com