Slow Performance (relative)

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
bobgott

Slow Performance (relative)

Post by bobgott »

I am an existing user of Stylus Pro and trying to convert over to oXygen. I've noticed that oXygen is generally slower. If I'm only using oXygen then the performance is acceptable .. but as I switch tasks when come back to oXygen the program takes a while for any function to gear up (i can see the disk chunking away just by minimizing/maximizing).

I'm running Windows XP SP2 with a Gig .. and task manager reports available memory.

Any hints on how to generally improve performance??

Thanx ..
-bob
sorin_ristache

Re: Slow Performance (relative)

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
bobgott wrote:as I switch tasks when come back to oXygen the program takes a while for any function to gear up (i can see the disk chunking away just by minimizing/maximizing).
If only the switch from other application to oXygen takes a while but the speed of operation is normal once it geared up then it seems Windows moves oXygen in the swap area on disk when it is not the active application in order to free some memory for the active one and moves it back to RAM memory when you switch to it again. You can check that in the Page File Usage area of Task Manager.

You should not experience this delay if the total memory needed by the running applications is less than the total RAM memory, that is 1 GB as you said.

Regards,
Sorin
bobgott

Re: Slow Performance (relative)

Post by bobgott »

sorin wrote: You can check that in the Page File Usage area of Task Manager.
I upped my Virtual Memory by a factor of 2 .. which seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanx ...
-bob