Opening xslt file causes PC reboot.....Help!

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
awolff01

Opening xslt file causes PC reboot.....Help!

Post by awolff01 »

Hello.

When I start Oxygen 7.1 during the splash screen...I'll receive an error

"Cannot Transfer Parameters to the Running Oxygen/XML editor".

Oxygen editor then comes up anyway....when I try to open up an xslt file...my PC reboots. I can open xml files no problem but any xslt causes a reboot.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You get the error "Cannot Transfer Parameters ..." because <oXygen/> was not closed correctly the last time, that is the java process was killed instead of closing <oXygen/> from menu File -> Close or from the close button of the title bar. It is just an information message and <oXygen/> starts correctly when it displays this message.

If an action executed in a Java application reboots your computer there is a problem with the operating system installed on your computer. A Java application cannot reboot the computer if it does not execute native code which reboots the computer and <oXygen/> does not call any native code. What is the name and version of your platform ? What is the version and vendor of the Java virtual machine that runs <oXygen/> ? You can see it in Help -> About -> System properties -> java.vm.version and java.vm.vendor. Does the operating system display an error message before reboot ? Does the reboot happen for other applications ?

Regards,
Sorin
awolff01

The event log shows some info...but I cannot decipher it.

Post by awolff01 »

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000027 (0xbaad00a0, 0xae7523ec, 0xae752044, 0xaf8f73ef). Microsoft Windows 2000 [v15.2195]. A dump was saved in: C:\WINNT\Minidump\Mini092006-01.dmp.

The .dmp file is hex...and just shows a PAGEFILE over and over again.
shrapnel09

Post by shrapnel09 »

I encountered this similar problem and found my own resolution to it. The particulars of my error involved a user (not admin privileged) opening oXygen, at the splash screen the same error message would pop up ("Cannot Transfer Parameters to the Running Oxygen/XML editor"). Upon the application loading, the program would crash and the PC would reboot.

I tried the following steps:
1. Re-install oXygen under an admin account and give it first run.
2. Uninstall, reinstall oXygen under user's account, reinstall as Admin using Run As...
3. Verify latest Java version is installed (following last post's advice).
4. Made User an Admin on the machine
5. Deleted C:\Documents and Settings\(ProfileName)\Application Data\com.oxygenxml

Upon restarting after each step and testing oXygen out, it still gave the error message "Cannot Transfer Parameters to the Running Oxygen/XML editor" and rebooted the machine upon opening the application following steps 1-4. Step 5 seems to have fixed the problem. There must have been some corrupted settings or those that didn't make the transfer from 7.0 to 7.1. So I would recommend moving the folder specified in step 5 to a temporary folder to test out recreating the user preferences. You will have to re-enter the registration information after this folder is moved.

I encountered this problem previously this week but it was not as persistent. A simple re-install of oXygen fixed the problem.

Both instances were running on Windows 2000 SP4 machines with Oxygen 7.0
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

shrapnel09 wrote:5. Deleted C:\Documents and Settings\(ProfileName)\Application Data\com.oxygenxml

Step 5 seems to have fixed the problem.
You can try also the following: start oXygen from command line by launching the oxygen.bat script located in the install folder. This starts the Java virtual machine executable instead of the .exe launcher linked to the Oxygen XML Editor shortcut available in the Start menu -> Programs group.

Regards,
Sorin