File changed by another process

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
ggorman

File changed by another process

Post by ggorman »

When Oxygen uses a file to run in the debugger, it doesn't check for a new version from disk.

For instance, I have a process with two stage transforms. In Oxygen, I run stage1.xsl on my initial xml creating a stage1.xml file; then I "Save Results..." from the Results screen; open the new stage1.xml from the xml screen; run the stage2.xsl on the stage1 xml. This works okay.

Now if I change my initial xml; run the stage1.xslt again; "Save Results..." to the same stage1.xml; then select to run with stage1.xml and stage2.xsl, Oxygen runs with the old stage1.xml. When I click inside the xml editor box, it reports that the file has changed and asks to reload it and a subsequent Run uses the new copy as expected.

This also occurs if I copy a new xml or xsl file from another source when I have the old copy open in Oxygen from a previous Run.

I'd like Oxygen to look for a new version when I click the "Run" button in the debugger in addition to when I click in the editor window as it does now.

GG
sorin_ristache

Re: File changed by another process

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello George,
ggorman wrote:if I change my initial xml; run the stage1.xslt again ... select to run with stage1.xml and stage2.xsl, Oxygen runs with the old stage1.xml.
We will fix the bug for the next version.

Thank you for your report,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Version 6.2 released in September 2005 will include the following fix: when you start the transformation and the XML source or the stylesheet was changed on disk but it is not the current active editor in the Debugger perspective <oXygen/> reports that you do not have the latest version loaded in the editor and offers the option of choosing between the two versions: use the version from disk by refreshing the editor content or the version from the editor. This was already implemented if the source for the transformation is the current active editor and now was extended to apply in your case.

If you have the "Save all files before transformation or validation" preference enabled (Preferences -Editor - Save) the second choice will imply that the version from the editor will overwrite the newer version from disk.

Best Regards,
Sorin
ggorman

Post by ggorman »

That sounds great -- thanks Sorin

George G
ggorman

Post by ggorman »

The new 6.2 version does great recognizing that input files have been changed on disk and asking if I want to load the newer file.

Thanks -- GG