Eclipse 3.1M7, oxygenML 6.0 and XML catalog failure

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
pwagland

Eclipse 3.1M7, oxygenML 6.0 and XML catalog failure

Post by pwagland »

Hi all,

I could not find this reported before, so I will post it here...

I am using Eclipse 3.1M7, and the E3.1M7 oxygenxml 6.0 3.1M7 plugin. Almost everything works fine except that I cannot add an XML catalog by using the Preferences panel.

If I go to "Oxygen/XML/XML Catalog", then select "Add", add the catalog, it all goes fine. I then try to Apply the change and I get a massive dialog box with quite a long stack trace, which since I cannot cut and paste, I will not place here. However it starts with:

Code: Select all

Save - failed:
java.lang.ArrayStoreException - null
java.lang.ArrayStoreException
at java.lang.System.arrayCopy (Native Method)
at java.util.ArrayList.toArray(ArrayList.java: 305)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.preferences.XMLCatalogPage.A(Unknown Source)
at com.oxygenxml.editor.preferences.DefaultPreferencePage.performOK(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.preferences.PreferencePage.performApply(PrefencePage.java: 427)
and a whole lot more ;-)

Further, when I press "Remove" to remove the XML Catalog, it does nothing either.

Hope this helps,
pwagland

Post by pwagland »

Is anyone else able to reproduce this problem? I get it on both of the eclipse installs that I have. They are running on Linux (should that make any difference).
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

It is a bug in the Eclipse plugin distribution. We fixed it and it will go in the next release of <oXygen/>. We made available a patch with the fix so that you don't have to wait until the next release:

- for Eclipse 3.0.2 (latest stable release at the date of <oXygen/> release 6):

http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Eclip ... _6.0.0.zip

- for Eclipse 3.1 M7 (latest stable milestone release at the date of <oXygen/> release 6):

http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Eclip ... _6.0.0.zip

Best regards,
Sorin
pwagland

Post by pwagland »

sorin wrote:Hello,

It is a bug in the Eclipse plugin distribution. We fixed it and it will go in the next release of <oXygen/>. We made available a patch with the fix so that you don't have to wait until the next release:
Thanks for the response! Just to let you know, that this patch did work.

Cheers,