[CH] Content overflows the viewport of an fo:block-container

Having trouble installing Oxygen PDF Chemistry? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Sue

[CH] Content overflows the viewport of an fo:block-container

Post by Sue »

Hi
Can you help me understand whay I am getting the following error?

[CH] Content overflows the viewport of an fo:block-container (id='section_iml_rlg_wpb' "fjjhjadhjfddsladlsakj...) in inline-progression direction by 3498 millipoints. (See position 267:169)
I have configured a transformation
Oxygen2.jpg
Oxygen2.jpg (73.9 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
scenario which uses a customised project to create a PDF. My colleage who created the customised template follows the exact same steps as me to create the PDF and it works fine for him. We use a BitBucket repository for our work.

I get multiple of these errors (ataches screen Oxygen1) and there is a huge gap between elements (Oxygen2.snag). However there are no issues when checking the Developer console (Oxygen1.snag).
Oxygen1.jpg
Oxygen1.jpg (204.74 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
Oxygen2.jpg
Oxygen2.jpg (73.9 KiB) Viewed 1657 times
julien_lacour

Re: [CH] Content overflows the viewport of an fo:block-container

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

This warning indicates that a part of the content overflows the area allocated for the content and enters the space allocated for margins.
You can check in your CSS style-sheets if, at the given locations you don't have an extra padding/margin that pushes the content outside of the box.

If you cannot find anything in the custom files, you can still send these to support@oxygenxml.com for analysis.

Regards,
Julien
Stacey

Re: [CH] Content overflows the viewport of an fo:block-container

Post by Stacey »

I just had this happen.

I was looking at a series of images and one was out of alignment with the other on output, so I switched it from placement="break" to "inline". This caused the error to occur referencing some of the other phrases in the paragraph (which helped me figure out where the error was).
I didn't want to update the placement for all of the other images, so I just added a <p> for the one causing the issue and was able to do a Transformation without any issues.

Hope that helps!