oXygen: Jump to next file in "Compare Files"

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
dma_k

oXygen: Jump to next file in "Compare Files"

Post by dma_k »

Dear support team,

Suppose I am comparing two directories in oXygen. I have opened "Compare Directories" and then "Compare Files". Now I would like to jump to next file. So I need to close "Compare Files" window and doubleclick in "Compare Directories". Having one-hit key and/or button will accelerate this.

The only available navigation options are (if I have correctly realized): "Next Change" and "Next Block" at the moment.
adrian

Re: oXygen: Jump to next file in "Compare Files"

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Actually something similar is already available. If you try to navigate past the last difference or block from the currently compared files, a dialog will ask you if you want to move to the next pair of files. The same will happen when going backwards past the first difference or block.
If you do not want to always see this confirmation, you can enable the option Do not show the dialog again.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
dma_k

oXygen: Jumping to next file in "Compare Files" changes the window size from maximized to normal

Post by dma_k »

The "Compare Files" window has a function to jump to next file, when the end of current file is reached (see this topic). However when jumping to next file occurs, the "Compare Files" window size changes from initially maximized to normal.

Expected: it stays maximized.
dma_k

Post by dma_k »

Thank you. Works fine for me (using hot key "Last Change" and then "Next Change") but I've found this minor issue.
adrian

Post by adrian »

I've logged that issue. I'm also adding a new feature request to have a jump to next/previous file action directly in the toolbar(without having to navigate past the first/last difference).

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com