Where are the global transformation scenarios stored (on Windows)?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jekehu

Where are the global transformation scenarios stored (on Windows)?

Post by jekehu »

Hi,

I created a new transformation scenario and my team would like me to check it in to version control. However, I don't know where the transformation scenarios are stored on my computer. Please tell me which folder Oxygen saves transformation scenarios to.

Thanks!
adrian

Re: Where are the global transformation scenarios stored (on Windows)?

Post by adrian »

Hello,

When you create a new transformation scenario there is a radio button immediately after the name that allows you to pick where it will be stored, Storage: Project Options / Global Options. By default it's set to Project Options which means the scenario is saved in your current project (.xpr) file, as seen in the Project view (menu > Window > Show view > Project).

If you picked Global Options, Oxygen saved it to the global transformation scenarios list in the user preferences file (with all your other options), so that's not practical to use as the means of distributing scenarios.
Note that you can switch the Storage of a scenario later, when editing it.

If the scenario is in the Project Options (default), you can distribute the Project (.xpr) file with it. If you don't want that, you can export individual (or several scenarios) by right clicking on the scenario and selecting "Export selected scenarios" from the contextual menu.
The exported .scenarios file can be imported by others by using "Import scenarios" from the same contextual menu.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com