Selecting root element

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jon stephens

Selecting root element

Post by jon stephens »

Several major versions ago, it suddenly became no longer possible in text mode to select the root element of an XML document using the keyboard shortcut for selecting an entire element plus its contents (now, nothing happens). Instead, I must now select a child of the root, then select the child element's parent. As we make frequent use of separate template files containing pre-made elements for copying/pasting into a larger document, this is a bit annoying. Why did this change, and is there any hope of getting the old behaviour back, where by it was possible simply to select the entire root element with the usual keyboard shortcut, the same as when selecting any other element in an XML document?

Thanks.
Radu

Re: Selecting root element

Post by Radu »

Hi Jon,

Just to see that I understand, there is an action called "Select parent" which should select the parent XML element of the current cursor position. But this action indeed seems to be disabled when the cursor is inside the root element. I consider this to be a bug and will register and issue for this.
If I did not understand the problem please give me more details about the precise steps which worked before and no longer do.

As a possible workaround usually what I do when I want to select an entire XML element (and its contents + end tag) is that I use the mouse to triple click its start tag.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
sorin_carbunaru

Re: Selecting root element

Post by sorin_carbunaru »

Hello,

Just wanted to update this thread and say that oXygen 22, released yesterday, solves the issue related to the "Select parent" action.

Best wishes,
Sorin Carbunaru
oXygen XML