Optional Schema diagram and XSLT/XML editor separation

Are you missing a feature? Request its implementation here.
jokester01au

Optional Schema diagram and XSLT/XML editor separation

Post by jokester01au »

These are two features that although useful, sometimes get in the way.

I think that it would be ideal to have a separate tab for diagram view, much as XMLSpy and now the native eclipse schema editor do. That way, if you prefer to edit the schema source directly, you don't have to continually resize the diagram to 0 every time you open a schema file.

Secondly, although it is handy to automatically separate XML and XSLT editors into separate tiles in the debugger, this sometimes means that the screen is too crowded (particularly on a laptop screen) and it would be better to avoid doing this. Consequently, I think that this function should be disable-able via a preference.

Regards,
Joe.
sorin_ristache

Re: Optional Schema diagram and XSLT/XML editor separation

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
jokester01au wrote:That way, if you prefer to edit the schema source directly, you don't have to continually resize the diagram to 0 every time you open a schema file.
Just disable the diagram view with the preference "Enable XML Schema diagram and related views" available in Window -> Preferences -> oXygen -> Editor -> Diagram.
jokester01au wrote:Secondly, although it is handy to automatically separate XML and XSLT editors into separate tiles in the debugger, this sometimes means that the screen is too crowded (particularly on a laptop screen) and it would be better to avoid doing this. Consequently, I think that this function should be disable-able via a preference.
I logged your request to our system.

Thank you,
Sorin