editing the xslt style sheet so that tables display on separate pages

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
wjejr

editing the xslt style sheet so that tables display on separate pages

Post by wjejr »

I have tables within reference topics within a map and when i generate the output in pdf the tables "append" one another. I would like to have each table on a separate page on the pdf. How can i edit the stylesheet to do this? Also, what attribute in the stylesheet allows me to have tables lines showing between the table walls?
mihaela

Re: editing the xslt style sheet so that tables display on separate pages

Post by mihaela »

Hi,

You can find the answers to your questions below:
I have tables within reference topics within a map and when i generate the output in pdf the tables "append" one another. I would like to have each table on a separate page on the pdf. How can i edit the stylesheet to do this?
In the XSLT stylesheet:

Code: Select all

OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/dita/DITA-OT/demo/fo/cfg/fo/attrs/tables-attr.xsl
there is an attribute set for tables:

<xsl:attribute-set name="table" use-attribute-sets="base-font">
<!--It is a table container -->
<xsl:attribute name="space-after">10pt</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
You can add the "break-before" attribute to it to specify that each table must begin on another page:

<xsl:attribute-set name="table" use-attribute-sets="base-font">
<!--It is a table container -->
<xsl:attribute name="space-after">10pt</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:attribute name="break-before">page</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>
Also, what attribute in the stylesheet allows me to have tables lines showing between the table walls?
You can find the answer for your question in the following dita-users post:
http://tech.dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/ ... 3481#23481

Best regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com
wjejr

Post by wjejr »

I enetered the recommended style. I generated my output and my tables still "append" one another on my .pdf. They don't appear on separate pages of the .pdf.

Also, i opened the stylesheet file and noticed this error: [Saxon-PE 9.4.0.3] no attribute-set exists named base-font. Not sure why i got this. I am using a cms (Ixiasoft) to create my content. Oxygen is s plug-in to this cms. It shouldn't matter although i noticed that even though i installed oxygen 14.0, the pug-in shows 13.2??? is this the reason my output generation isn't accepting my change to the tables stylesheet?
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

Please make sure that you apply the modifications in the XSLT stylesheets from the DITA-OT that is actually used in the Ixiasoft CMS transformation. Did you apply the modifications in your installation of Oxygen 14.0? I think the Oxygen part of the Ixiasoft CMS is in a differet location if it still shows the version number 13.2.

Please locate correctly the DITA-OT for the Ixiasoft transformations and apply the modifications in the XSLT stylesheets of that DITA-OT. What is the location on disk of your Ixiasoft installation? What is the location of the Oxygen plugin inside that Ixiasoft installation?

Regards,
Sorin
wjejr

Post by wjejr »

Hi Sorin,

The oxygen plug-in is installed locally within the CMS. This is the stylesheet i edited, not the one within oxygen 14.0 i am running on my machine. I was careful to make sure that i was editing the stylesheet that was loaded for my cms. In other words, i navigated from eclipse (cms is loaded on this platform), then >frameworks>dita>DITA-OT>>demo>fo>cfg>>fo>attrs>tables-attr.xsl. I will also edit this file with the oxygen structure if i need to. (I have actually thought of copying my xml files into oxygen to test this as well.)

Thank you.
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

wjejr wrote:I will also edit this file with the oxygen structure if i need to. (I have actually thought of copying my xml files into oxygen to test this as well.)
Please test the modifications in the installation of the Oxygen XML Editor application. After we see that it works in that location we will try the same modifications in the Oxygen plugin for Eclipse that works with your CMS.

Regards,
Sorin