Can we upgrade?

Oxygen general issues.
mountainbiker

Can we upgrade?

Post by mountainbiker »

We are currently running v12.2.

We currently have 74 "maintenance days left".

If we were to install v13.2 on day 75, would this version work with our SGN.

(I ask as our employer is extremely slow in upgrading software.)
adrian

Re: Can we upgrade?

Post by adrian »

Hi,

If you had a support and maintenance pack (SMP) in effect at the time of the release of the new version (v13.x has been released in August 2011), you can install the new version. So it's enough for the maintenance period to cover the release date of the new major version of Oxygen, it doesn't have to be in effect at the time when you decide to install it. Note that only the release date of the major version matters (v13.0) because all minor versions (v13.1, v13.2) are free upgrades for owners of v13 licenses (including the ones covered by SMP).

Note that we cannot identify your licenses to check this with your current email address.
Please contact us at: support AT oxygenxml DOT com and provide any information you have about the license purchase (email address, company name, even the SGN would be useful).

For future references please direct sales and license support questions directly to our support email address: support AT oxygenxml DOT com.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
mountainbiker

Post by mountainbiker »

Adrian I am using my personal details here, so it won't be listed under me. Our SMP has been active for years now and expires shortly. I wanted some how see if the "74 days" could be used as leverage to get our company to move quicker on our upgrades. I'll use the supplied email address for further license related questions.
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hello,

Yes, you can install any v13.x release of oXygen at any time, even if the SMP option covering the license has expired. This is because your oXygen license (already compatible with v13) is permanent.

The only disadvantage - in case the SMP won't be renewed in a period of time between 1-14 days after the previous SMP has expired - is that you will not receive upgrades for future major versions of oXygen at no charge. You should, in that case, to purchase the corresponding oXygen upgrade(s). And the price of an upgrade is three times the price of an SMP Renewal .

Please address any further sales related questions to our support email address, support AT oxygenxml DOT com.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support