Fail to test WSDL to HTTPS server

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
hepabolu

Fail to test WSDL to HTTPS server

Post by hepabolu »

Please help: I need to implement messages based on a WSDL file that connects to an HTTPS server which requests a client certificate. I've entered the certificate (PKCS#12) in the 'certificate' preference, and validated it (success).

When I generate a message using the WSDL analyser and press 'send' I get HTTP 403. It looks like Oxygen doesn't present the certificate.

What should I do?

Problem exists in Oxygen 12 and 13.2.

Thanks.

Helma
adrian

Re: Fail to test WSDL to HTTPS server

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Please note that the Certificates section from the Oxygen Preferences is only used by the XML signature tools. It is in no way related to HTTPS.

To make this work for HTTPS, you have to import the certificate in the certificate store of the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) used by Oxygen. Unfortunately this is not the most user friendly operation. You can find instructions here (if you are using a client certificate for authentication, skip to step 2) :
How to Add a HTTPS Server Certificate to Oxygen XML Editor

For Windows and Linux the JRE is located in the Oxygen installation folder (the jre folder). For Mac the JRE is usually located in /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com