Configuring Transformation Scenarios

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
writedoc

Configuring Transformation Scenarios

Post by writedoc »

With a topic open in the edit window, selected Document>Transformation>Configure Transformation Scenario and edited the DITA predefined scenarios, with Global Scenarios[/b} selected, then clicked Save and close to create new user-defined scenarios. The new user-defined scenarios do not appear when I open a different topic. What do I need to do to have the user-defined scenarios appear for use with all topics and maps?
Know yourself first; help others know themselves
adrian

Re: Configuring Transformation Scenarios

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

This happens because for DITA topics (.xml or .dita) the Configure Transformation Scenario dialog shows by default only the scenarios with the type XML transformation with XSLT. If you change the Scenario type filter to All or DITA OT transformation you will see your duplicated scenario.

Alternatively you can edit/duplicate the DITA document type (Options > Preferences, Document Type Association, select DITA, Edit) and add your transformation scenario there (Transformation tab). You can even set a scenario to be used by default for all DITA documents (non-maps), so you won't have to manually associate it. The scenarios added here will appear in the Configure Transformation Scenario dialog in the predefined scenarios section, so you will always see them.

v14 will bring some changes for the Configure Transformation Scenario dialog and this situation should no longer occur. In any case, I've logged this situation to our issue tracking tool and it will be avoided in a future version of Oxygen.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com