Problem with Eclipse update site

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
urlgrrrl

Problem with Eclipse update site

Post by urlgrrrl »

I just tried to install the new version oXygen using the Eclipse update site and was not successful. It appears to be an Eclipse issue.

I have found that the update site mechanism is not very robust in Eclipse 3 (it was easier in the previous release), so please continue to offer the plugin zip file.
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

We will consider adding a plugin zip. Until then I extracted it from the update site distribution, I hope it works ok. You can get it from
http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Eclip ... or_5.0.zip

Best Regards,
George
beleta

Post by beleta »

It does not work!!! Neither the upgrade site nor the download address. :cry:
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Sorry, we made some changes on the server and it seems the plugin zip I made got lost in this process. Now it is available again and Monday we should have it published on the download page.

BTW what problems have you encountered with the update site ? Can you give it another try and see if it works ? (because it was slightly changed after the release to remove a non necessary dependency on org.junit plugin)

Best Regards,
George
beleta

Post by beleta »

Thank you, I am downloading it now.

Regarding the update problem this is what happens to me.

After adding the oxigen site thru the "New Remote Site" button of the "Update sites to visit" and checking the box I press the next button in the new page there is a table that says "Select feature to install" and no feature is shown.
robmoore

Console error messages

Post by robmoore »

Might find this helpful:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Error creating feature "http://www.oxygenxml.com/InstData/Eclip ... eature.jar". [Document root element is missing.]
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Thanks, now the update site should work without problems.

Here it is what happend:
- the initial update site containd a reference to junit.org plugin that was not really required and on some Eclipse installations without this plugin the installation failed
- when the previous problem was corrected the Feature Manitfest Editor from Eclipse saved the feature.xml file adding a BOM and Eclipse did not recognize that as wellformed XML

Now the feature.xml was saved without BOM and everything seems to work ok.

Best Regards,
George