webhelp

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
julie

webhelp

Post by julie »

Hi
I have been working on Oxygen xml version 9 since last three years. Now, I would like to upgrade to version 12. I am working on the trial version and found that while transforming the webhelp output, oxygen is not linking my customized css file and this was working fine in version 9. Also, the new version is not linking to my customized header and footer files also. Is there any changes I need to make. I entered the parameters correctly as I did in version 9. Also, let me know which option should I select for args.xsl to obtain a webhelp output.

Regards
Julie
adrian

Re: webhelp

Post by adrian »

Hello,

What type of document are you transforming(DocBook, DITA, etc)?

How/where are the customizations specified?

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
julie

Post by julie »

Hello

I am trying to transform DITA files to webhelp. I have placed the customized css file in the frameworks\dita\DITA-OT\css folder. My header and footer files are in Utilities folder.

Regards
Julie
julie

Post by julie »

Hello

While generating the webhelp, oxygen is not generating the image folder in the source\out path. Please let me know what settings do I need to change in the transformation scenario. It is working fine when I generate the XHTML output.

Regards
Julie
julie

Post by julie »

Hello
I am trying to transform XML to webhelp using Oxygen XML version 12. I have customized css file which I linked using args.css in the parameters tab. But, while transforming the webhelp, oxygen is not linking to the customized css, so not able to generate the output. please help.

Regards
Julie
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julie,

Sorry for the delay.
So let me see if I understand the situation:
1) You open your DITA Map and create an Oxygen 12 WebHelp-type transformation scenario for it.
2) You open the transformation scenario, set the args.css parameter to point to the CSS file.
3) Transform to WebHelp using your scenario.

If you then open from the output folder one of the HTML topics in Oxygen, is there a reference in it to the CSS file like:

Code: Select all

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="path/to/custom.css"/>
?

Additional questions:

Are you also setting the args.copycss parameter to the transformation scenario?
Are you setting the args.hdr and args.ftr to point to the additional header and footer content for the generated HTML files?
After you open a generated HTML file are the header and footer contents expanded in it?

Can you send us the entire content of the Oxygen console view after the transformation is generated to the Oxygen support email address?

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
julie

Post by julie »

Hi Radu
Thanks for helping me.
Yes, it has the link as follows in the output html file:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="main.css">.
The parameter is set as follows:

args.css: ${frameworksDir}/dita/css_classed/main.css
args.copycss: yes
args.hdf: C:\Documents and Settings\jerinjer\Desktop\help\Utils\header.html
args.ftr: C:\Documents and Settings\jerinjer\Desktop\help\Utils\footer.html

The output generates without any custom style sheet settings.

Regards
Julie
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julie,

The args.css path:
${frameworksDir}/dita/css_classed/main.css expands to the OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR/frameworks/dita/css_classed/main.css path.
Are you sure that in the Oxygen 12 installation directory you have copied all your custom CSS files from your older Oxygen installation?
After you run the transformation, is the custom CSS copied in your output directory?

It is in general a good idea to have all your customization files in a folder which is outside of the Oxygen installation directory because in the contrary your customization files may get deleted when an Oxygen version is uninstalled.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
julie

Post by julie »

Hi
I hope you received the mail with the attachment. Please send me a reply. I have only one day left in the trial period. I have to show my manager that I can produce the webhelp with the new version.

Also, I would like to know whether we can add a search option in the XHTML output form. Please explain
Regards
Julie
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julie,

I already sent you an email yesterday. I will re-send it again.
About having the search option in the DITA XHTML-type transformation:
In order to search you need to index the words in the generated HTML output and then have some Javascript using the index files to identity the searched terms. This is exactly what the Oxygen DITA WebHelp plugin does.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
julie

Post by julie »

Hi Radu
Thanks for the details.
Is there any video available on web help tranformation in Oxygen?
Regards
Julie
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Julie,

Are you talking about a video demonstration to show how the WebHelp transformation can be customized?
Unfortunately not.
We'll consider this for a future version.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor