customize CSS file and IMG-folder for XSLT documenation?

Here should go questions about transforming XML with XSLT and FOP.
peterw

customize CSS file and IMG-folder for XSLT documenation?

Post by peterw »

Dear experts,

I am starting to write documentations for XSLT files with <xd:doc>.

Now I have 2 questions that I could not answer using help files or internet boards:
1) How can I customize the "docHtml.css" file? How can I add styles here? I found out that each time I generate a new documentation file, the css-file is regenerated.
Can I have one central CSS-File for all my documenations? How can I customize that?

2) Can I have a central IMG-folder? Can I customize that? Otherwise I have the same IMG-folder over and over again for each documentation I am writing. I would also like to add images, e.g. country flags.

Thank you very much for any hints and help!

Best regards,
Peter
adrian

Re: customize CSS file and IMG-folder for XSLT documenation?

Post by adrian »

Hello,

1. You can customize the CSS(docHtml.css) found in <Oxygen-installation-folder>\frameworks\stylesheet_documentation\xsl.

However, this CSS is only used if you use the corresponding custom XSL stylesheet. To do this, in the XSLT Stylesheet Documentation dialog(Tools -> Generate Documentation -> XSLT Stylesheet Documentation) switch the Format to Custom, press Options and configure the Custom XSL for this transformation to:
<Oxygen-installation-folder>/frameworks/stylesheet_documentation/xsl/xslDocHtml.xsl

You'll also want to enable the Copy additional resources to the output folder and choose the source folder for the images, the default is: <Oxygen-installation-folder>\frameworks\stylesheet_documentation\img

2. Since the images are always the same I guess you could use a common IMG folder. You can adjust the used images/image references from the stylesheet, xslDocHtml.xsl. You can add, modify or remove images from the img folder mentioned above.

Note that the stylesheet documentation generation can be invoked in the command line or as part of a script:
stylesheetDocumentation.bat (Windows)
stylesheetDocumentation.sh (Linux/Mac)

You can use the Export settings button from the XSLT Stylesheet Documentation dialog to save the settings to be used with the command line launcher.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
peterw

Re: customize CSS file and IMG-folder for XSLT documenation?

Post by peterw »

Thank you Adrian! Stylesheet customizing works perfectly and I even placed an additional picture :-)

Best regards from Switzerland,
Peter