Search/Replace Bug and generell problem with regex matching

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
bonephilipp

Search/Replace Bug and generell problem with regex matching

Post by bonephilipp »

Hi folks,

i am having serious problems with the search/replace function of oxygen 11.1. I am doing markup on a text in ancient greek. Its unicode and the encoding has been declared utf-8.

now one problem which is probably not related to the greek charakters, but a generell problem, is that i can only do replaces when i do not activate the XML search options. the problem is that i am trying to put a <w> around every word and therefore i am searching for /s and have it replaced by </w> <w>. The search replace works if i haven't ticked anything in the XML search options. But then, spaces inside of tags get replaced as well, and i obviously don't want that. So i ticked "Element Contents" in the XML search options and now when i click on search it will only find spaces between tags, not in them. Thats good, but the problem is that when i click "Replace all" it tells me "613 matches replaced" but the document is unchanged. If i just click "replace" it works fine, but replace all does nothing except claiming it did something. This clearly seems to be a bug to me. Can anyone confirm this?

The second problem is related to regex functions regarding unicode. If i do a search of \w oxygen will only find latin characters, the greek is entirly ignored. A \w in Editpad Pro for example has proper results with \w. Do i have to change an option of something to make that work?

Thank you very much for you help,
Philipp

PS: Oxygen 10.3 does not seem to have the first problem, as friends still using this version have reported.
adrian

Re: Search/Replace Bug and generell problem with regex matching

Post by adrian »

Hi,

The first problem is indeed a bug. The replace fails with an exception. I'm adding this to our bug tracking tool.
In Oxygen 10.3 there were no XML search options, only 'Search also in tags' which is approximate to the options you were using. But the point is in 10.3 it's a completely different algorithm that isn't as XML aware as you'd think.

The second problem is a limitation of the flavour of regular expression that Oxygen uses(Java). I tested this in Eclipse (still Java) and it does the same thing as Oxygen. We'll have to investigate if it can be enhanced in some way.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
adrian

Re: Search/Replace Bug and generell problem with regex matching

Post by adrian »

Hello,

We have fixed the 'Replace all' with XML search options problem in 11.2(which will be released soon).

Thank you for reporting it.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com