Unicode attribute values

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
sijomon

Unicode attribute values

Post by sijomon »

Hi,

Our users require that they can input unicode characters into attribute values via the Author mode; is this possible?

The built in unicode widget cannot be used, as it and the attribute editor widget cannot be displayed at the same time, and I can't seem to find a way to override or modify the in-built attribute editor. The only user friendly solution I can think of is to replicate the attribute editor as a context menu driven AuthorOperation, but this seem a little over the top just to enable unicode character input. Can you assist?

Many Thanks,

Simon Hartley.
Radu

Re: Unicode attribute values

Post by Radu »

Hello Simon,

Indeed it is quite hard for the moment to use the built-in Unicode Character Map to insert attribute values.
Maybe we should add a text field to the Character Map in which a longer value can be composed and then you could Copy the whole composed value and Paste in the Attributes Editor.
This seems the way in which the platform character map seems to work.
Or we can try to work to make the Character Map usable when the Attributes Editor is visible as the Character Map was designed to insert in the current editor's text.

Any input is welcome.

The easiest workaround I can think of is that you compose the attribute value by inserting from the Character Map directly in the editor, then cut the value from the Author and paste in the Attributes Editor.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com