DITA to HTML Help outputs .hhc

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
GraemeBryce

DITA to HTML Help outputs .hhc

Post by GraemeBryce »

Hi

I am using a DITA map that links many toplic files. I can build PDF with success.

When I run the default DITA --> HTML (Help) the log shows no error (other than the missing tools.jar which I believe is not an issue) and it appears to complete.

However the file loaded in the browser (internal eclipse) has the extension .hhc and does not render. It looks like part of the transform has not happened?

What am I missing or doing wrong?
Thanks
Radu

Re: DITA to HTML Help outputs .hhc

Post by Radu »

Dear Graeme,

I assume you are running Windows.

Starting from version 10 Oxygen tries to detect if HTML Help Workshop is installed and if it finds the registry key for it it will try to compile the project mapName.hhp using the workshop to obtain the compiled CHM output mapName.chm.

If you have a version prior to Oxygen 10 you will have to open HTML Help Workshop, browse for the mapName.hhp file and then compile from the workshop.
If you have an Oxygen version 10 or above you should have received an error message if HTML Help Workshop is not installed on your system.

The workshop executable should usually be located in C:\Program Files\HTML Help Workshop\hhw.exe

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
GraemeBryce

Re: DITA to HTML Help outputs .hhc

Post by GraemeBryce »

Thankyou.