Berkeley DB 2.4.16

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
madde001

Berkeley DB 2.4.16

Post by madde001 »

Hi all,

Does oXygen support Berkeley DBXML 2.4.16 (current)? Docs say 2.4.11 is supported, but that release is no longer available from Oracle's download site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/softwa ... index.html). I tried to set up a connection to my dbxml (2.4.16, 64-bit Linux, installed with java option turned on), and when I try to connect I'm getting:

ERROR: "Could not instantiate: ro.sync.db.nxd.berkeley.BerkeleySession due to: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db_java-4.6 in java.library.path"

I do have a /lib folder in my dbxml install that does contain (among others) libdb_java-4.6.a, libdb_java-4.6.la, libbdb_java-4.6.so, and libdb_java-4.6_g.so.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is it something else?

John
sorin_ristache

Re: Berkeley DB 2.4.16

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

We will try the latest Berkeley DB version (2.4.16) on Linux too. On Windows it works without problems.

Thank you for letting us know,
Sorin
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,
madde001 wrote:I tried to set up a connection to my dbxml (2.4.16, 64-bit Linux, installed with java option turned on), and when I try to connect I'm getting:

ERROR: "Could not instantiate: ro.sync.db.nxd.berkeley.BerkeleySession due to: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no db_java-4.6 in java.library.path"

I do have a /lib folder in my dbxml install ...
There are no special options that you have to set. The --enable-java option is enough. Just make sure the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH includes the dbxml-2.4.16/install/lib folder before you start Oxygen and try to connect to the Berkeley database. This is necessary for loading the Berkeley DB libraries for the Berkeley connection.

Regards,
Sorin
indigo64

Post by indigo64 »

I'm trying to configure my 2.4.16 Berkeley too - and the error I get is 'could not instantiate: ro.sync.db.nxd.berkeley.BerkeleySession due to:java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:com/sleepycat/dbxml/xmlexception

I'm running Win Vista have added the java/lib and java/bin to my PATH variable.
I have rebuilt the java files db.jar and dbxml.jar for 2.4.16 specifically.

Have followed the help manual to the letter. What am I doing wrong? Help!
indigo64

Post by indigo64 »

I solved my problem. :)
madde001

Post by madde001 »

Hi Sorin,

I tried adding my dbxml library path to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but didn't have any effect on the problem.
Ultimately, I edited the oxygen startup file, adding the line

INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS=-Djava.library.path="/var/lib/berkeleydb/lib"

(which happens to be my path to the java-aware install) and now it seems to work.
Does this make sense? Is there any problem with doing it this way?

John
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

No, there is no problem with doing it that way. It is another way to set the library path for a Java application.

Regards,
Sorin