Oxygen 10, DITA, Batik not in class path

Oxygen general issues.
JohnC

Oxygen 10, DITA, Batik not in class path

Post by JohnC »

<update>
I solved my own problem before I sent this out. Here is the solution to the problem. Maybe it will help someone else out.
-Keep or update Batik to 1.7
-Add "${oxygenHome}/lib/xml-apis-ext.jar" to the libraries.
</update>

Hi oXygen staff and users,

I recently upgraded from 9 -> 10. I have a DITA Maps Manager Transformation Scenario that was created with 9.3. I'm trying to execute this transform using 10.

Our scenario/DITA uses SVG images. Therefore we are using FOP with Batik. I don't quite remember if I had added batik to the library list (under the Advanced tab of the edit DITA scenario) or if it was there by default.

Oxygen 10 ships with Batik 1.7 where Oxygen 9 ships with 1.6.

Just running the transformation I get the following error:
[fop] 0 WARN [ main ] org.apache.fop.image.loader.batik.PreloaderSVG - Batik not in class path
[fop] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/w3c/dom/svg/SVGDocument

If I update the Batik library in the Libraries dialog under the Advanced tab of the "Edit DITA Scenario" from 1.6 to 1.7 --- I still receive the same error.

If I drop the Batik 1.6 library in the lib folder (and leave the scenario pointing 1.6) it works.

Why doesn't it work with 1.7?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

-John
Radu

Re: Oxygen 10, DITA, Batik not in class path

Post by Radu »

Hello John,

Indeed, if you had an old Oxygen 9 scenario it was probably configured to find Batik in ${oxygenHome}/lib/batik-all-1.6.jar so when we updated Batik to version 1.7 and the jar library name changed the old scenario kept pointing no a non existing library.
So a newly created PDF scenario works fine and also if you update your old scenario libraries to to use like you said the changed libraries the old scenario should work as well.

We'll think if there is a way we can fix such things so that old scenarios still work if library names change.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com