Eclipse transformation <xsl:message>s

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jdav

Eclipse transformation <xsl:message>s

Post by jdav »

Hi,

I using the Oxygen transformation feature in Eclipse 3.0M6 with the Xalan xsl transformer. It transforms fine, but where to my <xsl:message>s print out? I don't see them on the console window? Obviously, from a debugging perspective, this is pretty important, so I figure I must be overlooking something.

Thanks, and I love the product!
george
Site Admin

Post by george »

Hi,

Xalan reports xsl:message content as a warning to the ErrorListener set on the Transformer object therefore each xsl:message will appear as a warning marker. You can see them as any other Eclipse markers, for instance in the Problems view.

Best Regards,
George
Radu

Re: Eclipse transformation <xsl:message>s

Post by Radu »

Hi,

If you are running the transformation scenario in the default Oxygen perspective, there should be a "Results" side view at the bottom of the application showing the messages received during the transformation. You can also manually open that side view from the main menu Window->Show view.
If you are debugging the XSLT transformation in the Oxygen XSLT Debugger perspective, there should be a specific side view named "Messages" showing the messages received during the transformation.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com