ignore file typed when batch validating?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
velda

ignore file typed when batch validating?

Post by velda »

I have a folder containing about 200 folders that each contain an XML file and a 3d object binary file. If I try to bulk validate using the root folder from the project window it reports all of the object files as invalid.

Any suggestions?
sorin_ristache

Re: ignore file typed when batch validating?

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

The batch validation action tries to validate each file included in the folder where the operation is applied. In this way the files that do not have a schema associated are reported as invalid so the user knows where it needs to associate a schema for validation and content completion.

Any binary file should be ignored because it will never be validated as an XML file against a schema. I think this rule is true for any file that is not associated with an editor that supports validation (XML Editor, XSL Editor, XSD Editor, RNG Editor, RNC Editor, XQuery Editor, etc) by default or in the preferences panel File Types (Options -> Preferences -> File Types). We will add this improvement in a future version of Oxygen.

Until we add the improvement please add a filter for ignoring the object binary files in the Project view. You set a filter in the Project view with the Filters toolbar button (the button with the icon Image).

Regards,
Sorin