Defaulted XSLT Processor when using Eclipse

Oxygen general issues.
mphare

Defaulted XSLT Processor when using Eclipse

Post by mphare »

Until I get my copy of Oxygen 9 (hopefully next week sometime), I'm still using 8.2

I'm using it under Eclipse, mainly because I'm doing some Java and PHP for this project.

When I switch to the Oxygen XSLT perspective, the XSLT processor defaults to Saxon6.5.5. But, I'm using XSLT 2.0 so I need Saxon8B. I can switch it, but I have to do so every time I switch perspectives and sometimes I forget causing my transformations to fail.

Is there a way to make the Saxon8B processor stick as the default processor?
--------------------------

- mike

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 1AD4 726D E359 A31D 05BF ACE5 CA93 7AD5 D8E3 A876
sorin_ristache

Re: Defaulted XSLT Processor when using Eclipse

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

You should create a transformation scenario in which Saxon8B is set as the XSLT transformer and switch from the Oxygen XML perspective to the Oxygen XSLT Debugger perspective with the action Debug Scenario available on the Oxygen toolbar and on the XML menu in the Oxygen XML perspective.

Regards,
Sorin
mphare

Post by mphare »

Thanks, that works.

Now, can I get the XSL file to be selected in the XSL combobos and the XML file to be selected in the XML combobox?

I can get one or the other using $CurrentFileURL, but I cannot get both.

- mike

sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

You can have both the XML input file and the XSL input file selected in the combo boxes if you specify their URLs in the transformation scenario instead of an editor variable like ${currentFileURL}. Also the files must be in the current Eclipse workspace otherwise they cannot be opened in a panel of the Oxygen XSLT Debugger perspective for placing Eclipse markers like breakpoints in them.

Regards,
Sorin
mphare

Post by mphare »

Yes, but I don't want to specify the urls explicitly. I want the behaviour that I get when I choose the XSLT perspective (i.e. an open XSL is selected into the XSL control and an open XML is selected in the XML control.) The only difference is I want the default processor to be the XSLT 2.0 Saxon9B instead of the XSLT 1.0 Saxon6.5.5. (note: Saxon9B, I got my Oxygen 9 licenses today).

Thanks!

- m

- mike

sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

I just checked that with the latest build of the Oxygen plugin (2008050810) and this is how it works. I switched to the XSLT Debugger perspective with the Debug Scenario action and it selected the current XML file in the XML combo box of the debugger perspective (I have ${currentFileURL} for the XML file in the transformation scenario), the XSL file of the scenario in the XSL combo and the transformer of the scenario in the transformer combo. Just run the action Debug Scenario of the latest Oxygen plugin.

Regards,
Sorin
mphare

Post by mphare »

Doing that I will need a transformation scenario for each XSL file.
It's OK if Eclipse can't do it, I was just asking if it could.

Thanks!

- mike