Shortcut for insert element in Author mode

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
jelovirt

Shortcut for insert element in Author mode

Post by jelovirt »

Sorry if the answer is "RTFM", but I just can't find out what is the keyboard shortcut for 'insert element'. There's a menu command (that can be made a shortcut) for inserting an entity, for inserting various DITA structures, but I can't find one for general element insertation. The 'Elements' view has the functionality, but I'd prefer to have a shortcut for it, to get a drop-down list of elements that can be inserted into this location in the document.
sorin_ristache

Re: Shortcut for insert element in Author mode

Post by sorin_ristache »

Hello,

There is no general action Insert Element. You should use the content completion assistant for that in both the Text mode and the Author mode of the XML editor. In the text mode press '<' and in the Author mode press the shortcut Alt + / to get a drop-down list with all the elements that can be inserted in the current location of the document.

Regards,
Sorin
jelovirt

Post by jelovirt »

sorin wrote:In the text mode press '<' and in the Author mode press the shortcut Alt + / to get a drop-down list with all the elements that can be inserted in the current location of the document.
Because of my local keyboard layout, '/' is typed using Shift + 7. So, when I try Alt + Shift + 7, I don't get the drop down list. If I switch to US keyboard layout, it works with direct Alt + /. I tried to redefine the Start Content Completion to Ctrl + Space, but with no luck.

Would it be possible to enable Ctrl + Space for content completion also in Author mode in future releases?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi,

Another easy way to start content completion in Author is to press the "ENTER" key.
You can also go to the 'Options' menu ->'Menu Shortcut Keys', order by Description, search for "Start Content Completion" and replace the keyboard shortcut (Alt-SLASH) with your desired one.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com