1. xslt & author editor. 2. xml to pdf

Oxygen general issues.
elel33

1. xslt & author editor. 2. xml to pdf

Post by elel33 »

Two questions.

1. Is it possible to associate an xslt stylesheet with an xml document so it is used to render doc in (no tags) author editor?

2. How do I create a pdf doc from an xml doc?

Thank you.

Lynn
sorin_ristache

Re: 1. xslt & author editor. 2. xml to pdf

Post by sorin_ristache »

elel33 wrote:1. Is it possible to associate an xslt stylesheet with an xml document so it is used to render doc in (no tags) author editor?
No. The Author mode of the XML editor panel renders an XML document only based on a CSS stylesheet. If you want to see the result of applying an XSLT stylesheet to an XML document just run an XSLT transformation in oXygen. You can choose to display the output of the transformation in an output view of the oXygen window or directly in a Web browser application with the setting "Open in browser" of the transformation scenario.
elel33 wrote:2. How do I create a pdf doc from an xml doc?
Create a transformation scenario that applies an XSLT transformation first to generate an XSL-FO document from your XML document and a FO processor second to generate a PDF output from the XSL-FO document. oXygen comes with predefined transformation scenarios for generating PDF output from an XML document of a predefined document type. You can look at these predefined scenarios from Options -> Preferences -> Document Type Association -> [edit a doc type, for example DocBook 5] -> the Transformation tab of the Document type dialog -> edit a scenario.

Regards,
Sorin
elel33

Post by elel33 »

Thanks again Sorin.

Follow-up on author editor. Do you know of a CSS or is there one included that people use for ead docs or any hierarchical docs.

Thank you,
Lynn
sorin_ristache

Post by sorin_ristache »

No, oXygen does not come with a predefined CSS for EAD documents. I do not know if you can find such a CSS stylesheet used widely. Maybe an EAD user can help you.

I hope this helps,
Sorin