"resourse-only" attribute topics as non -editable in Task section

Having trouble accessing the Oxygen Content Fusion platform or installing the server solution? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
rohan_12

"resourse-only" attribute topics as non -editable in Task section

Post by rohan_12 »

Hi !

Is it possible for frontmatter topics with the "resource-only" attribute to be uploaded along with other files in a task, ensuring that the editor cannot edit these frontmatter topics?

For example, suppose there is a bookmap and in frontmatter section I have added some topics with attribute as "resource-only". Now when I upload the bookmap along with the frontmatter topics, I want to ensure that these frontmatter topics are non-editable in Content Fusion.

Is there any way I can achieve this ?
cosminef
Site Admin

Re: "resourse-only" attribute topics as non -editable in Task section

Post by cosminef »

Hello,

At this time, if you send a map/bookmap for review through the Content Fusion Connector plugin and that map contains references with the attribute processing-role="resource-only", you will see a notification to this effect in the plugin dialog:
resource-only.PNG
resource-only.PNG (10.29 KiB) Viewed 617 times
At the moment this dialog appears, if you do not click on the notification, those references (which contain processing-role="resource-only") will not appear in the "Files to review" section. However, if you open a reference from the map that contains this attribute, the editor will notify you about this aspect:
resource-only2.png
resource-only2.png (28.59 KiB) Viewed 617 times
Do you think these notifications are sufficient? Could you please provide details about your specific use case?

Best,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com
rohan_12

Post by rohan_12 »

Hi Cosmin,

We do get the notification during sending a map/bookmap for review through the Content Fusion Connector plugin and that map contains references with the attribute processing-role="resource-only".

But the second prompt which you stated, during "Files to review" section, we do not get the prompt in the yellow box [ "This file is in read only mode because it is referenced content" ] which you have shown in snapshot.

The second prompt would be sufficient for our use case.

If you want, I can share you the zip file of the task through mail to the oxygen support team mail address.
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,

The second promp: "resource-only2.png" appears only if:
  • In the "Dita Context" field, the map in which the topics with the attribute processing-role="resource-only" are referenced is set.
  • The topics with the attribute processing-role="resource-only" have not been added manually when creating the task, that is, when this dialog appears.
:
resource-only3.PNG
resource-only3.PNG (6.65 KiB) Viewed 573 times
If you do not set the context map and if you add those topics with processing-role="resource-only" when creating the task, the stripe indicating that the file is "read-only" will no longer appear.

Best,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com