Problem with mouse cursor when using -oxy-display-tags: none;

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
aujunior

Problem with mouse cursor when using -oxy-display-tags: none;

Post by aujunior »

Hello!

We use "-oxy-display-tags: none;" in the <para> element and use content: '\00B6'; in the "before" and "after" of the element itself.

We noticed that whenever we click before or after the <para> element, the mouse cursor always stays inside the element. This behavior makes it a little more difficult when the user wants to insert a new element before or after the <para>.

I looked in the documentation for something that could change this behavior, but I didn't find it.

Can you please tell us if it is possible to resolve this situation?

If it is not possible to resolve the mouse cursor, is there any way to change what is written in the tag of a specific element?
image.png
image.png (3.82 KiB) Viewed 249 times

Code: Select all

para::before{
    content: '\00B6';
    font-family: "Arial";
    font-size: 18px;
    color: red;
    display: inline;
    margin-right: 5px !important;
}

para::after{
    content: '\204B';
    font-family: "Arial";
    font-size: 20px;
    color: red;
    display: inline;
    margin-left: 5px !important;
}

para{
    -oxy-display-tags: none;
    -oxy-foldable: false;
}

Thank you very much.
aujunior

Re: Problem with mouse cursor when using -oxy-display-tags: none;

Post by aujunior »

Good morning!

I'm still studying the cursor case, but I haven't been able to solve the problem.

Could you tell me some way to solve the problem?

Best,
Audye
cosminef
Site Admin

Post by cosminef »

Hello,

We have also applied the CSS customization you provided to a DITA document.
Indeed, the cursor jumps inside the element, but we can add new elements both before and after the <para> element.
When the cursor is at the beginning of the paragraph and we insert a new element, it is added before the <para> element. Conversely, when the cursor is at the end of the paragraph, the new element is inserted after the <para> element.
How does the app respond when you attempt to add an element before or after the <para> element?
With what version of Web Author do you test and what browser are you using? How about operating system?

Best,
Cosmin
Cosmin Eftenie
www.oxygenxml.com
aujunior

Post by aujunior »

Hi,

The system behaves perfectly when we insert elements before and after <para>. The problem is the positioning of the cursor to insert these elements.

When clicking before the <para> the cursor jumps inside it, when clicking outside the same thing happens. When we have one <para> after another it complicates the situation.

I learned how to move the cursor using the keyboard, however, we will have a team of editors working on the XML files. We will have to train the team to position the mouse cursor if there is no easier way.

We are using version oXygen XML Web Author 25.1 on Chrome Version 125.0.6422.142 on a Windows 10.

Best,
Audye