"Transformation failed. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/saxon/trans/XPathException" when publishing a WebHelp

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Aparna

"Transformation failed. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/saxon/trans/XPathException" when publishing a WebHelp

Post by Aparna »

I use a custom DITA-OT, and I'm not sure if my plugins are the reason for this error. My teammates have the same Oxygen versions and the same plugins like I do, but their transformations are going fine. In a situation like this for Oxygen Editor version 25.1, I found a caveat on https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... -dita.html about "DITA Map WebHelp Responsive" not working properly.

My questions are:
  • Will it help for my transformation to go through if I revert to a previous Oxygen Editor version? If yes, which version would you recommend?
  • Is it okay if I'm on an older version of the Oxygen Editor, and my teammates are on version 25.1?
Costin

Re: "Transformation failed. java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/saxon/trans/XPathException" when publishing a WebHelp

Post by Costin »

Hi Aparna,

It may be possible that you are using a customization that is different by the ones your colleagues use.
Please note however that our support policy covers only the Oxygen functionality and issues that may occur when using the software without any customization (with the default DITA OT and plugins that come bundled within).

More specific, if you have a version 25 compatible license key, you should download and install the latest version of Oxygen XML Editor 25.1 from our website and try running the transformation with the default DITA-OT that comes bundled with Oxygen, without any other changes/customization.
To make sure that you are using the default DITA OT, after installing the clean v25.1 Editor, go into its menu Options > Preferences > DITA and make sure that you have "Built-in Oxygen Publishing Engine (based on DITA-OT 3.x" selected, not a custom DITA-OT).

If do not encounter any issues when running the default transformation scenario clear of any changes and with the bundled DITA-OT, then the issue resides in your own customization, so you should reach to the developers that performed the customization you are using and ask them for help.

Best Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support