Oxygen Author consume high power

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
roopesh79

Oxygen Author consume high power

Post by roopesh79 »

Hi Team,
I am currently installed Oxygen 21.1
oxyge-power-usage.png
oxyge-power-usage.png (161.82 KiB) Viewed 503 times
in my windows 10 machine. I have observed that oxygen authoring is consuming high CPU and power usage also very high. Is this expected? Attached the screenshot for your reference.
Thanks
Roopesh
adrian

Re: Oxygen Author consume high power

Post by adrian »

Hello,

What you're running there is not a clean distribution of Oxygen. You are running an XDocs distribution of Oxygen that may contain some add-ons and possibly other modifications. We do not provide support for third party add-ons or custom distributions. So, in this context, you should contact Bluestream regarding this issue.

If Oxygen is idle, I can say it's not normal for a clean distribution of Oxygen. If it's not idle, it can depend on what you're doing/running in Oxygen. For some complex transformations this kind of CPU usage isn't unexpected.

PS: Note that even for a clean distribution of Oxygen v21.1 we no longer provide support as this version has reached its end of life since 2021. You should consider upgrading to the latest version, or check if you have an SMP pack.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
roopesh79

Re: Oxygen Author consume high power

Post by roopesh79 »

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for the reply. I had the same thought, before reach out to Bluestream I wanted to confirm with Oxygen team.

Regards
Roopesh