Installation Issue of Oxygen XML Editor

Oxygen general issues.
cullenhickle

Installation Issue of Oxygen XML Editor

Post by cullenhickle »

I have downloaded Oxygen XML Editor from the official page https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/do ... ditor.html

But now I am having a problem when I am trying to install this on my PC. I received this error message everytime when installing this tool "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your administrator." I dont understand if is it a Windows issue or something is wrong with the official website.

Has anyone encountered such kind of issue before? Could anyone please provide me suggestions that how can I able to fix it? Any help would be highly appreciated.
adrian

Re: Installation Issue of Oxygen XML Editor

Post by adrian »

Hello,

Can you install other apps?
I received this error message everytime when installing this tool "This installation is forbidden by system policy. Contact your administrator." I dont understand if is it a Windows issue or something is wrong with the official website.
AFAIK, this message does not belong to the Oxygen installer. This is a message from Windows that indicates your system policy forbids the installation of some apps. Or perhaps the installation of any apps is forbidden as a company policy.

As the message says, you should contact your system administrator and inquire why is the app installation forbidden.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
cullenhickle

Re: Installation Issue of Oxygen XML Editor

Post by cullenhickle »

Thank you for approving the post. I know that its a Windows issue. So first after getting the error, I applied some basic methods by updating Windows and updated drivers, if the problem can be solved. But still I was getting the same error.

But after posting the thread here, I searched online for resolving the issue and came across some articles like this one. They suggested some solutions to resolve the issue. So as per the article's suggestion, I followed some of them. First I disabled user account control and modified local security policy settings. After doing the methods correctly, I had no longer any issues while installing the app. Now I am working on this smoothly. I have no longer any issues and it has a big feature that it supports HTML 5 files.