Navigation buttons not showing when topic is hidden in TOC

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
richz

Navigation buttons not showing when topic is hidden in TOC

Post by richz »

Hi, I'm using the oxygen XML editor v24.1 to publish a ditamap (the sample flowers.ditamap) into webhelp.

I duplicated the "DITA Map WebHelp Responsive" transformation scenario with the Oxygen [tree] template. I'm trying to show the previous/next navigation buttons on each webpage and I set the following parameters.

webhelp.default.collection.type.sequence = yes
webhelp.publication.toc.links = yes

The navigation buttons did show up on each page, which was great. However, when I set @toc="no" on one of the <topicref> (<topicref href="concepts/springFlowers.dita" toc="no">), that topic was hidden from the TOC and the navigation button also disappeared. Is there any way to always display the navigation buttons, regardless of the @toc attribute value?

Thanks!
Costin

Re: Navigation buttons not showing when topic is hidden in TOC

Post by Costin »

Hi richz,

Thank you for the feedback you provided!
Topic references having the toc attribute set to "no" makes the specific topic(s) not being displayed from the table of contents and, as the topics are not present there, their links are also missing from the navigation.
This is intended behavior, that's how the current WebHelp implementation works, so you could not have the navigation links present if the topic references are missing from the toc.

Kind Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support