Publishing a DITAmap on a Sharepoint

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
jerome_franconville
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 am

Publishing a DITAmap on a Sharepoint

Post by jerome_franconville »

Hello,
First off all I wish you a great new year 2023.
I'm trying to publish a ditamap on a Sharepoint site and I have the following error message:
"Transformation failed. C:\Program Files\Oxygen XML Editor 25\frameworks\dita\DITA-OT3.x\plugins\com.oxygenxml.webhelp.responsive\build_dita.xml:413: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "java.util.ArrayList.iterator()" because "stopWords" is null"

When this error message appears and stops the process only the media files have been copied to the destination directory.

If I do the publication of a local directory it 's working
This publication on the Sharepoint worked very well last year but I don't know what append since.

Thanks for your help.
alin
Site Admin
Posts: 236
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:21 am

Re: Publishing a DITAmap on a Sharepoint

Post by alin »

Hello,

Please give us more details about the steps you are preforming in order to publish the WebHelp Output directly to a Sharepoint site.

However, it is worth mentioning that Oxygen WebHelp Responsive has been thoroughly tested for the case where the output is generated on the local file system.
There is no guarantee that the output will be successfully generated on a remote location.
We recommend you to generate the WebHelp Responsive output on your local system and after that upload the content on the remote server as separate step.

Regards,
Alin
Alin Balasa
Software Developer
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
jerome_franconville
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:42 am

Re: Publishing a DITAmap on a Sharepoint

Post by jerome_franconville »

Hello,

My process is:
    I mapp my Sharepoint site to a drive :
    Oxygen_1.png
    Oxygen_1.png (41.77 KiB) Viewed 133 times
      I used this path to configure the WebHelp publishing screnario :
      Oxygen_2.png
      Oxygen_2.png (20.57 KiB) Viewed 133 times
        I run the publication, it's working correctly until the publication is succesful (without any error message)
          But when I look in the output directory, only the media files (.png or .mp4) have been replaced. The other files (.xml or .html) are still the old version :
          Oxygen_3.png
          Oxygen_3.png (68.09 KiB) Viewed 133 times
          I checked with the IT Teams of my compagnies, it's not a problem of rights on the sharepoint because I'm the owner and I'm able to replace the files when I browse the directory.

          I have this issue since middle of novembre 2022, before that this publication "direct on sharepoint" was working well.

          Thanks for your support.
          Have a nice day
          Jérôme FRANCONVILLE
          Costin
          Posts: 807
          Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:04 pm

          Re: Publishing a DITAmap on a Sharepoint

          Post by Costin »

          Hi Jérôme,

          Could you please let us know if you are using a custom / external DITA-OT, or are you using the DITA-OT that comes bundled in Oxygen?
          In case you are using an external DITA-OT, you should instead try using the one that Oxygen comes bundled with. To check which DITA-OT you are using, you should go into Oxygen menu Options > Preferences > DITA. There you could select "Built-in Oxygen Publishing Engine (based on DITA-OT 3.x)"

          Another thing you should do is make sure that the output folder that you have set for the output to be generated in.
          For that, you could:
          - either set the value for the "clean.output" parameter (available in the parameters list from the transformation scenario configuration dialog) to "yes" (you should be aware that this would delete any files present in the folder where you previously published the output)
          - or (if for some reason you need to keep the previous output files) set a diferent, empty folder for the output - that could also be done from the scenario configuration dialog, in the "Output" tab.

          As a last resort, you could even try to publish the output in a local folder instead of a remote folder, mapped to Sharepoint and see if that makes any difference.

          Regards,
          Costin
          Costin Sandoi
          oXygen XML Editor and Author Support
          Post Reply