An error is reported when exporting a PDF document

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
alison

An error is reported when exporting a PDF document

Post by alison »

Hi,
An error is reported when exporting a PDF document, can you help me to check what is the problem?
image.png
image.png (14.95 KiB) Viewed 601 times
chrispitude

Re: An error is reported when exporting a PDF document

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Alison,

The "Java returned 1" simply means that the transformation failed. To understand why, you will need to go back to the transformation log pane and look for the cause. I usually start at the bottom, then scroll upward until I see where the normal processing finds an issue and everything falls apart. :)
alison

Post by alison »

Hello,
do you mean this log?
image.png
image.png (35.16 KiB) Viewed 588 times
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Yes, although it's very difficult to read any text in the screen captures. What you're looking at there is the Java stack trace, which means that the failure has already happened. Try scrolling up and looking for the first instance of where some kind of error-looking message occurred.
alison

Post by alison »

Hi,
I directly exported the error log as an attachment instead of a screenshot as it contains a lot of information, I would appreciate it if you could help to check that.
error-log.zip
(16.79 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello,

The original error is the following one:

Code: Select all

[java] 12998 FATAL [ main ] com.oxygenxml.chemistry.OxygenPDFChemistry - Error: com.oxygenxml.chemistry.stages.StageException "null:6978:112: The column-number or number of cells in the row overflows the number of fo:table-columns specified for the table. (See position 6978:112) 
[java]  Content around the error: 
<fo:table-row>
	<fo:table-cell>
		<fo:block-container margin-bottom="0.5em" margin-left="0" margin-right="0" margin-top="1em">
			<fo:block end-indent="0" start-indent="0">
				<fo:inline chfox:inch="true" background-repeat="no-repeat" max-width="100%" width="300px" id="unique_46_Connect_42_image_aqf_hmh_w5b">
					<fo:inline>
						<fo:external-graphic src="file:/E:/%E7%BB%93%E6%9E%84%E5%8C%96%E6%96%87%E6%A1%A3/software-series/DITA/en/vms/image/standard/settings/system/event-rule-settings/event-trigger/12.png" max-width="100%" scaling="uniform" width="300px" content-width="scale-to-fit"/>
					</fo:inline>
			</fo:block>
		</fo:block-container>
	</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
<fo:table-row page-break-inside="avoid" display-align="center">
	<fo:table-cell start-indent="0" end-indent="0" font-size="0.75em" number-rows-spanned="3" border-bottom-style="solid" border-bottom-width="1px" border-right-style="solid" border-right-width="1px" padding-bottom="0.5em" padding-left="0.5em" padding-right="0.5em" padding-top="0.5em" text-align="center" display-align="center">
		<fo:block>
			<fo:block-container margin-bottom="0.5em" margin-left="0" margin-right="0" margin-top="1em">
				<fo:block end-indent="0" start-indent="0">
					<fo:inline font-weight="bold">
						<fo:inline>Connection Issue</fo:inline>
			</fo:block-container>
	</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
You can search for this table in your DITA source files (for example by searching the text "Connection Issue"), and check if the table is valid, you can let Oxygen automatic validation check the topic.

You can also try to run the Validate and Check for Completeness tool from Oxygen DITA Maps Manager, with the Report table layout problems option checked.

Regards,
Julien
alison

Post by alison »

Hi,
I have found the problem based on your suggestion. Thank you very much!