Regarding comparing xml

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
SmitaPatil

Regarding comparing xml

Post by SmitaPatil »

Hi Team,
I am using diffUrl parameter for comparing two xml,
We made changes as <paratext level=1> changed to <paratext>
but we are going to that change using next change arrow button, the change in focus is the <paratext level=1> that was changed to <paratext>. The yellow color on “1” is the text highlight of the pinpoint anchor and does not indicate a change in the document.
image.png
image.png (139.81 KiB) Viewed 804 times
I have following two questions :
1. when we are clicking next change arrow, it is highlighting changes in yellow color, is there any way we have oxygen to change it to different color.
2. We want to highlight the part in which changes happen it should not highlight other part. can you tell something on this as well?
3. Also if we something in latest version of oxygen web author to achieve comparing xml files.

Thanks & Regards,
Smita
Bogdan Dumitru
Site Admin

Re: Regarding comparing xml

Post by Bogdan Dumitru »

Hello Smita,

Regarding 1 and 2, Oxygen XML Web Author doesn't offer the possibility to customize (neither from UI nor API) the coloring used by the Files Comparison Tool (nor Merge Tool). The coloring of the diff tool is given by a CSS file within the web-author-diff-plugin, a CSS file that is actually compiled from a LESS file. We are willing to share with you the base LESS file and offer guidance to generate the needed CSS with the desired coloring.
Would that work for you or do you want the user to be able to change the coloring from UI (from the browser)?
By the way, this topic reminds me of another topic, Highlight the differences. Did you manage to try the plugin I sent there? If yes, was there something wrong with the plugin or you simply wanted something else?

Regarding 3, we don't quite understand what you want to say, could you please rephrase (especially the "Also if we something in" part) or offer more details?

Note that we can schedule an online meeting to discuss your customization requirements, where a few of my colleagues could join. If you want, just let us know at our support address, support@oxygenxml.com.
Bogdan Dumitru
http://www.oxygenxml.com
SmitaPatil

Post by SmitaPatil »

Hi Bogdan,

Apology for miscommunication.
I could able to resolve it,
By the way, this topic reminds me of another topic, Highlight the differences. Did you manage to try the plugin I sent there? If yes, was there something wrong with the plugin or you simply wanted something else?
Ans : the previous thread which you have shared from that actually we were able to add some css based on condition using javascript so that just wrapping should get highlighted that is resolved, thanks.

Thanks & Regards,
Smita
Bogdan Dumitru
Site Admin

Post by Bogdan Dumitru »

Hello Smita,

We apprehend that you managed to find a solution, great.
Bogdan Dumitru
SmitaPatil

Post by SmitaPatil »

Hi Team,

I have tried to override the background color for highlighted change but as it is already !important in diff.style.
I am not able to override it. can you please suggest something on it to override the style which present in diff.style.
image.png
image.png (8.83 KiB) Viewed 752 times
Thanks,
Smita
Bogdan Dumitru
Site Admin

Post by Bogdan Dumitru »

Hello Smita,

Just increase the specificity of your CSS selector, maybe even doubling it like this: ".diff.selected-diff *, .diff.selected-diff *".
Bogdan Dumitru
SmitaPatil

Post by SmitaPatil »

Hi Bogdan,
Already tried not working, diff.css is loading later directly from plugin and as it has important.
Unable to change. working on it trying to find workaround.

thanks,
Smita
SmitaPatil

Post by SmitaPatil »

Hi,
Its Resolved.
Thanks,
Smita
Bogdan Dumitru
Site Admin

Post by Bogdan Dumitru »

Great, thank you for letting us know that you've reached a solution.
Bogdan Dumitru