Schematron Validation. Unknown system function: matches

Oxygen general issues.
ganem2

Schematron Validation. Unknown system function: matches

Post by ganem2 »

Hi Team,
i configured custom xml schema associated for xml. under validation tab i create new entry with custom schamatron file. While running validation i got below errors. schmatron validation is using xerces engine. I tried with default engine but still the same error.

Rule: <iso:rule context="jd:footnote.reference">
<iso:assert test="@refid = //jd:footnote/@ID">{ES1042} Footnote.reference exists without corresponding footnote.The footnoteref element with ID <iso:value-of select="@refid"/> does not correspond to a footnote</iso:assert>
<iso:report test="matches(., '\s')">{WS1042} Footnote.reference contains a space</iso:report>
</iso:rule>
Error: "Error in expression matches(., '\s'): Unknown system function: matches"
Rule 1.png
Rule 1.png (36.93 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Rule: <iso:rule context="//jd:csc|//jd:bold|//jd:ital|//jd:underscore">
<!-- .. is used to get the parent text including the text in specified context -->
<iso:let name="preceding" value="string-join(preceding-sibling::* | preceding-sibling::text(), '')" />
<iso:let name="following" value="string-join(following-sibling::* | following-sibling::text(), '')" />
Error: "Error in expression string-join (preceding-sibling::* | preceding-sibling::text (), ''): Unknown system function: string-join"
Rule 2.png
Rule 2.png (45.02 KiB) Viewed 728 times
Attachments
Erro Log 1.png
Erro Log 1.png (80.88 KiB) Viewed 728 times
tavy

Re: Schematron Validation. Unknown system function: matches

Post by tavy »

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the behavior that you describe. I tested with <oXygen/> XML Editor 25.0, build 2022110706. What version of Oxygen do you use?
Maybe you have set some options that affects the validation. I recommend you to export the current Oxygen options and the reset them and try again the validation.
You can also send us some sample files XML and Schematron, in order to reproduce the issue, on our support email address suppport@oxygenxml.com.

Best Regards,
Octavian
Octavian Nadolu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
ganem2

Re: Schematron Validation. Unknown system function: matches

Post by ganem2 »

Hi Team,
I figured the root cause. my schematron file was missing queryBinding attribute on root node. adding queryBinding="xslt2" to <iso:schema> tag fixed th e issue.