Does Oxygen web author support .scss files for styling?

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
shreya

Does Oxygen web author support .scss files for styling?

Post by shreya »

I have a lot of conditional styling to implement in the editor's look and feel so I was wondering if SCSS or SASS is supported in Oxygen web author as it would be really helpful.
cristi_talau

Re: Does Oxygen web author support .scss files for styling?

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,
Web Author supports LESS out-of-the-box. However, it is recommended that in the deployed framework you compile LESS to CSS.

To use SCSS you have to run a tool that watches for changes in SCSS files and recompiles everything to CSS. In the framework that you deploy, you will add the generated CSS files.

Best,
Cristian
shreya

Post by shreya »

Hi,
Thanks. Is there any way to rename XML tags somehow by style or plugin on action click in Oxygen web author?
cristi_talau

Post by cristi_talau »

Hello,

If you want to change the "display name" for an XML element, for example "Paragraph" instead of "p", you can follow the instructions here: https://www.oxygenxml.com/doc/versions/ ... uthor.html .

Code: Select all

<elementRenderings>
     <render element="p" as="${i18n(cc_p)}"/>
</elementRenderings>
If you want the users to change the an element from "b" (bold) to "i" (italic), they can use the context menu action "Rename Element...".

If my answer does not address your question, please give us more details about what your are trying to achieve.
Best,
Cristian
shreya

Post by shreya »

Hi, I will check the solution.
I actually have another question. I want to change the look and feel of the entire document on an action click. How can I achieve that?
mihaela

Post by mihaela »

Hello,

You can implement a custom action that uses custom CSS pseudo-classes to change the elements rendering.
Please let us know if you need more details.

Best Regards,
Mihaela
Mihaela Calotescu
http://www.oxygenxml.com