Oxygen XML Editor does not mark broken cross-references

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
antonyterrence

Oxygen XML Editor does not mark broken cross-references

Post by antonyterrence »

If I remember correctly, Oxygen XML Author/Editor used to show an error/mark the broken cross-references in the editor (in case referenced files are not found in the specified path). I installed version 24.1. It does not show an error for missing files/broken references. When you click what appears to be a proper xref, then it shows that the file is missing. Has anything changed in Oxygen XML recently? Or am I missing some configuration.
Completeness Check also does not list missing files. It used to do that - I clearly remember it.
Cosmin Duna
Site Admin

Re: Oxygen XML Editor does not mark broken cross-references

Post by Cosmin Duna »

Hi,
I was not able to reproduce the problem on my side.
Is the referenced file local or remote on your case?
These cases should be caught by automatic validation in the main editor. Could you check if the "Enable automatic validation" option from the "Editor / Document Validation" preferences page is checked?

Are you using profiling? Maybe the content that contains the xref element is excluded by profiling. Could you uncheck the "Use DITVAL filters" option from the DITA Map Completeness Check dialog and validate your DITA map again using Completeness Check?

Best regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Duna
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
antonyterrence

Post by antonyterrence »

When @scope is set to "peer", the validation does not show any error even if the file is not found in the specified path. Is that the expected behavior?
Radu

Post by Radu »

Hi Antony,

I confirm we no longer check targets when using scope=peer. We consider the target may somehow be available at publishing time even if it is not available at editing time.

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
antonyterrence

Post by antonyterrence »

Thank you for confirming it.