One Item Bolded Bolds Entire Paragraph

Having trouble installing Oxygen PDF Chemistry? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
patjporter

One Item Bolded Bolds Entire Paragraph

Post by patjporter »

Good morning,
I have an issue in a DITA file where I bold one or two words, and the whole paragraph gets bolded:
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 7.03.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 7.03.51 AM.png (192.89 KiB) Viewed 1548 times
For example, I bolded 'Electronic News' only and the whole paragraph gets bolded. Same as all the others.

Code: Select all

<conbody>
        <section><p>Communications within Flight Operations is a two-way process that allows the
                receipt and transmission of safety, hazard, accident, and incident reporting
                information. Our communication channels include but are not limited to:</p><ul>
                <li><b>Electronic News:</b> All crew members have access to mygulfstream.com for
                    Fleet Status Reports and Maintenance and Operations Letters (MOLs). Additional
                    outlets include Microsoft Teams channels for specific groups, the Flight Ops
                    Library, FOS Mobile, and One Note</li>

I have tried numerous ways to correct this...wrap the bolded items in <ph>, wrap the whole test inside the list item in a <p>, move the <li> inside the parent <p>, and I even re-wrote the topic from scratch thinking there might be some stray character. This does not happen with the out-of the-box 'PDF using HTML&CSS' transform, but with this custom transform that I created in Oxygen Styles Basket.
Strangely, it does not happen in other places like 2.5..2, or 2.5.4.1., but it does happen again in 2.7. This is baffling to me. Hopefully you can isolate the reason.
I sent files to support@oxygenxml.com. The title of the e-mail is: Gulfstream Files for Post: One Item Bolded Bolds Entire Paragraph
Thank you,
Pat
andrei_pomacu

Re: One Item Bolded Bolds Entire Paragraph

Post by andrei_pomacu »

Hello,
The problem seems to be created by the declaration of the font in the styles.css. It is a problem on our side, I already created an issue for this topic.
As an workaround you need to declare the fonts from styles.css in the @font-face rule where the font-weight is 700 ,without -oxy-simulate-style: yes; and also in the url you should add the path of the SOURCESANSPRO-BOLD.TTF. This font is available on your machine.
The styles.css is found in the zip that you created using OSB.
Here is an example:

@font-face {
  font-family: 'BrandingFont';
  src: url(resources/primaryBrandingFonts.ttf) format('truetype');
  font-weight: 400;
}
@font-face {
  font-family: 'BrandingFont';
  src: url("file:/C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/SOURCESANSPRO-BOLD.TTF") format('truetype');
/*  -oxy-simulate-style: yes;*/
  font-weight: 700;
}
@font-face {
  font-family: 'SecondaryBrandingFont';
  src: url(resources/secondaryBrandingFonts.ttf) format('truetype');
  font-weight: 400;
}
@font-face {
  font-family: 'SecondaryBrandingFont';
  src: url("file:/C:/WINDOWS/Fonts/SOURCESANSPRO-BOLD.TTF") format('truetype');
/*  -oxy-simulate-style: yes;*/
  font-weight: 700;
}
If you do not have this font on the machine you can download it and add it in the resources folder from the style folder and declare it like above:

src: url(resources/SOURCESANSPRO-BOLD.TTF) format('truetype')
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello Pat,
We fixed the issue! If you need we can provide a nightly build, in case you did not applied the workaround.
May regards,
Dan
patjporter

Post by patjporter »

Hi Dan,
I have not had the opportunity to apply your solution yet, but it is high on my to-do list, I appreciate you getting that to me.
Unfortunately, working for a large company with our IT security policy, I cannot install a new build myself...in fact, we are still stuck on v24. Is there a major build coming out soon? If so, I will submit it to our IT security team for testing and release to our software environment.
Thank you!
Pat
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello Pat,
We plan to release v 25 this autumn. Until then you will have to use the font file referred from the CSS. Let us know if you encounter other problems.
Best regards,
Dan
julien_lacour

Post by julien_lacour »

Hello Pat,

The new Oxygen maintenance build for 24.1 is available!
The bolding problem is fixed in this version.

Regards,
Julien