HTML5 output and locktitle behavior

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
kwriter
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:04 pm

HTML5 output and locktitle behavior

Post by kwriter »

I'm transforming DITA to HTML5 and I have noticed that the locktitle attribute works on the top-level topics, but not the second-level topics in my navigation tree. For example, I have the following structure:

Part 1. Introduction to X (locktitle=yes)
Chapter 1. Getting Started (locktitle=yes)

The output navigation looks like this:
Part 1. Intruction to X
Getting Started

Is this working as designed or is there something else I need to do? For now, I'm working around it with conditional coding, which is OK since I need the title of the topic to reflect the same text, but it seems like locktitle should work regardless of where I set it.
Radu
Posts: 8172
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:18 pm

Re: HTML5 output and locktitle behavior

Post by Radu »

Hi,

I'm afraid I do not understand, from your example I see you set locktitle on two topics and their titles in the table of contents seem to both reflect the titles.

The "locktitle" attribute influences only the table of contents, not the actual topic contents.
https://www.oxygenxml.com/dita/1.3/spec ... title.html

Regards,
Radu
Radu Coravu
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Post Reply