How to add content to the webhelp responsive header.

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
amyers3

How to add content to the webhelp responsive header.

Post by amyers3 »

Hi,

I created an xml fragment to add a button to the header in webhelp responsive output that when clicked goes to a URL. The button is an image. The fragment works well on all pages when I add it to the webhelp.fragment.after.logo_and_title. My issue is that I would like to add the button to the right of the index component on the header and I can't find a way to do this. There are many oob parameters to add content from fragments, but none that I can see for "after_index".
How can I do this?
Thanks - Adam

XML Editor 24.1, build 2022062007
Custom Dita Map HTML 5 transformation
Adam Myers
Technical Publications Manager
MATRIXX Software
chrispitude

Re: How to add content to the webhelp responsive header.

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Adam,

In this forum post:

Responsive SVG backgrounds, SVG buttons, search/index in header

I shared a publishing template that performs a somewhat similar task of moving some things around. Maybe it might give you some ideas on how to do this.

If you are not sure how to use XSLT, let me know and I can probably put together a simple example for you.

(Also, note that Syncro Soft created a new dedicated WebHelp section in the forums for all things WebHelp-specific!)
radu_pisoi

Post by radu_pisoi »

Hi,

I think you can try webhelp.fragment.after.top_menu HTML fragment placeholder. See our documentation for all available HTML fragment placeholders and their placement.
Radu Pisoi
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com
amyers3

Post by amyers3 »

Thanks Radu and Chrispitude. Both replies very helpful. For now, I am using the parameter Radu suggested and it works.
Adam
Adam Myers
Technical Publications Manager
MATRIXX Software