No option to choose Schematron file for validation of document type

Having trouble installing Oxygen? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
Martin Holmes

No option to choose Schematron file for validation of document type

Post by Martin Holmes »

Hi there,
I'm trying to create an association with a Schematron schema for a custom document type (actually XSLT files) in the Preferences, and I don't see Schematron as an option (screenshot attached).
noSchematronChoice.png
noSchematronChoice.png (68.41 KiB) Viewed 715 times
I'm sure this used to be an option. Is it a bug, or is there some reason you can't use a separate Schematron file for validation? (Oxygen 24.1).
Martin Holmes
University of Victoria
chrispitude

Re: No option to choose Schematron file for validation of document type

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Martin,

If you are trying to associate a Schematron file for validation purposes, perhaps is the Validation tab what you're looking for?
Martin Holmes

Post by Martin Holmes »

Does a Schematron file not count as a schema for the purposes of document type association?
Martin Holmes
University of Victoria
chrispitude

Post by chrispitude »

Hi Martin,

I understood your message to mean that you wanted to validate XSLT files by associating a Schematron validation scenario with them. In our Oxygen environment, I use the Validation tab to add Schematron checks to a particular file type. Maybe you are doing something different and I misunderstood what you're trying to do?
adrian

Post by adrian »

Hi,
Martin Holmes wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:50 pm Does a Schematron file not count as a schema for the purposes of document type association?
No, the Schema tab from the document type association is meant as the default schema, the one that provides the info that the content completion feature requires (all possible XML components and their values for a specific editing context). Schematron cannot provide that, it can only be used for validation. So, for validation with Schematron alone, the Validation tab is the way to go.

As per your specific situation, for XSLT stylesheets since the actual schema is built into Oxygen, you would break the XSLT content completion, if you were to specify a schema in the Schema tab.

Regards,
Adrian
Adrian Buza
<oXygen/> XML Editor, Schema Editor and XSLT Editor/Debugger
http://www.oxygenxml.com