Validating HTML5 output produced with Oxygen 24.1 trial version

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
sjoglekar

Validating HTML5 output produced with Oxygen 24.1 trial version

Post by sjoglekar »

Hi,
I have a few HTML files produced from a DITA map using Oxygen XML 24.1 trial version. The transformation I used was the built-in "DITA Map HTML5" transformation, with the "fix.external.refs.com.oxygenxml" parameter set to "true" since my dita source files are outside of the project directory.

The output was generated successfully, and even shows up properly in my browser. However, when I ran the HTML output files through the HTML5 validator online (I am using W3C validator), there were many errors. I was not expecting this. Can anyone give me any hints on why would there be errors even though I used the built-in DITA to HTML5 transformation?

Thanks,
Saurabh
Costin

Re: Validating HTML5 output produced with Oxygen 24.1 trial version

Post by Costin »

Hi Saurabh,

In order to investigate, we need you to provide us a sample DITA Map hierarchy, in an as minimal form as possible, that we could use to reproduce the errors you refer to.
To attach and send us the files, you could use the online contact form for Oxygen XML technical support.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support