Forward slash at beginning of word not showing in search

Having trouble deploying Oxygen XML Web Author? Got a bug to report? Post it all here.
kmckenna7

Forward slash at beginning of word not showing in search

Post by kmckenna7 »

I am using Oxygen XML Author 24.0, and when I generate using the Responsive HTML template, any words that have a forward slash (/) prefacing them do not show up in the search. This did NOT happen with the previous version of Oxygen. It also does not happen if the / is between words. It is just when it appears at the beginning of a word.

For instance, I have a command line called /noexit .... If you search the old generated help here, you will see that /noexit and noexit bring up the same results:
https://www.ge.com/digital/documentatio ... s_new.html

However, the same topic with the same /noexit references, generated with Oxygen 24.0 will not display anything for the /noexit search. It will show the same ones for noexit, but not /noexit. This is a problem for command lines that use common words like /new. In this instance, search for "new" wont have good SEO in the results, and the /new command may be several lines down the search results page.

Is this a bug in Oxygen? A setting that changed in v 24? I know that I can go in and edit .js files, but would prefer not too. Any ideas?
cosmin_andrei

Re: Forward slash at beginning of word not showing in search

Post by cosmin_andrei »

Hello,

We already have an issue logged in our internal issue tracking system, so I have just added your vote for this.
Regards,
Cosmin
--
Cosmin Andrei
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support