Word to DIta Conversion has incorrect hyperlinks

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
RubyRedbone
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 am

Word to DIta Conversion has incorrect hyperlinks

Post by RubyRedbone »

When converting an MS Word document to DITA using the Batch Documents Converter -> Word to DITA tool (version 3.1.0), not all hyperlinks are created. All of the links (href) should point to a specific DITA file, not within he same file of href. Some href calls are correct and point to the dita file and use the id of the element to be linked to. The ones that are not correct point to the file the href is in and have an erroneous ID, so this link is broken. Example: <xref href="#./xloc001F"> For this scenario, there is no ID xloc001F in the DITA file with the element it should link or in the current DITA topic. The broken links should be pointing to an entry element in a table. Can links to elements in a table cause a broken link during the conversion?

Thanks,
Margaret
Cosmin Duna
Site Admin
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Word to DIta Conversion has incorrect hyperlinks

Post by Cosmin Duna »

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for your feedback. I tried to reproduce the problem on my side, but I didn't manage to do it.
Could you send us a sample Word document where this problem can be reproduced? This is our support email address: support@oxygenxml.com
If the document contains confidential data, do the following steps to hide the content from it:

1. Make a copy of the document and open it in the "Archive Browser" view from Oxygen
2. From the Archive Browser view, open the "word/document.xml" file into the main editor.
3. Invoke the Help > Support Tools > Randomize XML text content action and click Finish in the opened dialog.

After these steps, the Word document will contain only random text.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Duna
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
RubyRedbone
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:12 am

Re: Word to DIta Conversion has incorrect hyperlinks

Post by RubyRedbone »

I sent a short form of the document that has the issue to support and referenced this post.

Regards,
Margaret
Cosmin Duna
Site Admin
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Word to DIta Conversion has incorrect hyperlinks

Post by Cosmin Duna »

Thank you for the sample.
In the structure of the Word document, the "xloc001F" bookmark is placed between the table cells and the Batch Documents Converter ignore it when processing the file. I added an internal issue for this and we will fix this in the next versions of the Batch Documents Converter add-on.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Duna
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Cosmin Duna
Site Admin
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:33 pm

Re: Word to DIta Conversion has incorrect hyperlinks

Post by Cosmin Duna »

Hi,

Version 3.2.0 of the Batch Documents Converter add-on is out now and it contains a fix for the issue you reported on this thread.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Duna
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Post Reply