Cannot load the associated CSS file(s)

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
kpuchaka

Cannot load the associated CSS file(s)

Post by kpuchaka »

Dear Users,

when i try to open the Map in Editor in my oxygen, then it is giving me the below exception in Author mode:

Cannot load the associated CSS file(s).
The erro was :'No CSS file specified.'

Please switch to the text mode and use the [Associated XSLT/CSS Stylesheet] action to
associate a CSS stylesheet to your document.

But I do not remove/delete any of the css file and when i close my oxygen and delete the local Framework folder and again freshly download it from the server then this issue got resolved..

This is happening very frequently and what could be the reason for this?

is there any permanent fix for this? Or at least is there any workaround to resolve this issue instead of closing the oxygen and re-downloading the files to my local?

Any pointers would be more appreciated.

Regards
Kiran
alex_jitianu

Re: Cannot load the associated CSS file(s)

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hello,

Something happens to the framework configuration which gets either corrupted or removed. When everything is in order, please open a map in the main oxygen editing area. If the map opens in the Dita Maps manager, there is a button on the toolbar, Open Map in Editor, that will open it in the main editing area. Afterwards, go to Window->Show view... and choose the Properties view. In the Properties view you will see the associated document type and its configuration file, for example ditamap.framework. When you encounter the error again, go and check if this file exists on disk. If it exists, please send it to us on support@oxygenxml.com for analysis.

What Oxygen version / build id are you running? You can find this information in Help->About dialog. Perhaps this is an issue we solved along the way...

Best regards,
Alex
kpuchaka

Post by kpuchaka »

Hi Alex,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I will check that file exist or not when i encounter the issue again next time and i will share you the ditamap.framework file if it is there. Also if it is not there, then do you want me to copy that file in to that location to resolve this issue instead of cleaning the local framework folder?

Also our current version of the oxygen is :
XML Author 21.1, build 2019120214

Regards
Kiran
alex_jitianu

Post by alex_jitianu »

Hi,

Yes, copying the *.framework file should be enough. In Oxygen version 22 we fixed a issue in which the *.framework file got deleted, but I'm not sure if you are the victim of the same issue. The fixed issue happened when one was changing the settings from Options > Preferences > Document Type Association > Locations.

Best regards,
Alex