Which files do I need to edit to customize webhelp?

Post here questions and problems related to editing and publishing DITA content.
Anna Green

Post by Anna Green »

Hi,

I know there is createMainFiles.xsl. Index.html is created on its basis.
Where is more about this?
Regards,
Anna
alin
Site Admin

Re: Which files do I need to edit to customize webhelp?

Post by alin »

Hello,

For the completeness of this post, please provide more details about your configuration.
- What type of WebHelp output (Responsive / Classic) are you trying to customize?
- Which version of the associated plugin are you using?
- What are you trying to achieve with your customization?

Please note that the Oxygen WebHelp Classic plugin has been removed from the current Oxygen distributions.

Regards,
Alin
Alin Balasa
Software Developer
<oXygen/> XML Editor
http://www.oxygenxml.com
Anna Green

Post by Anna Green »

"What type of WebHelp output (Responsive / Classic) are you trying to customize?"
Classic

"Which version of the associated plugin are you using?"
I don't know. Where can I look at it?

"What are you trying to achieve with your customization?"
Basically change design. And add buttons (Home, Print, Feedback). I would also like to add the upload date.
Regards,
Anna
Costin

Post by Costin »

Hi Anna,

You can find the version of Oxygen that was used to generate the WebHelp Classic documentation if you either use the Internet browser's CSS inspector to inspect the elements from any topic page in the output, or if you use the context menu action "View page source", on any page from the output.

Once in the CSS inspector, or when viewing the page source, you should look in the html <head> element for a text that reads "Generated with Oxygen version xx.x, build number xxxxxxxxxx".

You can find information on how to customize the WebHelp Classic output in this section from the user-guide.
For advance customization, you could even override the default XSLT used to generate the output, using one ore more extension XSLT extension points. You could also find more details on that in the "Overriding XSLT Processing Step of DITA WebHelp Classic Transformations" subsection of the above mentioned customization section in the User-Guide.

Regards,
Costin
Costin Sandoi
oXygen XML Editor and Author Support